Memento

Memento: hot glue, rocks & green paint
2"x 2"





Artist Statement

The memory I choose for my Memento was of my cousins and I playing in the river in El Salvador. I was about eight years we had the most fun time running around that river. I ended up losing one of my shoes in the river. It was a bright green sandal with purple flowers. I haven't been to El Salvador since I was 8 and I wanted my memento to capture this one moment that is always the first to pop up in my mind when I think of El Salvador. The glue is supposed to represent water, the rocks represent the river rocks, and the green rock is supposed to represent my show that was lost in the river. I choose to capture the stones in a sphere because it reminds me of a stress ball and I find them relaxing and enjoyable. This is the same way I feel when I remember my memory. I also choose to not glue all the stones together to they still rattle a little because the sound reminds me of when I was walking in the river without my shoe and I could feel the stones move beneath my foot. 


Inspiration

Stress balls

Chris Weaver, Memento Artist 

Anthony Roussel, Designer 














Comments